Right Step Woodlands Location
The Woodlands location of Right Step offers the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). This program is designed to help those whose schedule does not allow for them to take time-out from life to admit into a residential treatment center. The program consists of the following:
- Professional Assessment: Each treatment episode begins with a one-hour interview with an addiction professional to determine the severity of the problem and the appropriate level of care to meet a client’s needs and ensure his or her safety.
- Chemical Dependency Education: Each group meeting begins with the counselor teaching the clients about some aspect of addiction based upon Right Step curriculum. Among others, the topics include understanding addiction, life skills, relapse prevention, and relationship issues.
- Group Therapy: Each treatment session includes group therapy which allows the clients to identify with the stories and struggles of other group members, as well as allowing clients to draw upon the insight and experience of others. The group serves as a microcosm of society, allowing clients to develop new skills regarding interacting with others and communicating openly and honestly.
- Individual Therapy: Clients are seen individually by their counselor to address specific issues and provide personal support.
- Family Therapy: Chemical dependency affects the entire family system and that entire sytem needs to heal and grow. Studies have shown that treatment without family involvement is less effective. The IOP program is designed to restore communication and harmony to the family system and promote healing and hope.
- 12 Step Integration: Involvement in the 12 step recovery community is promoted as an adjunct to support within the treatment environment. Clients are encouraged to develop a sober support network that will provide continuing support, structure, and accountability following the termination of treatment.
- Discharge Planning: Clients are assisted in developing a comprehensive relapse prevention plan and are referred to appropriate resources within the community to promote their continued health, growth, and welfare.
- Aftercare Services: Weekly Recovery Maintenance Groups are provided free of charge to all of our graduates, allowing them to maintain contact with a supportive group and a counselor for up to 2 years following the completion of treatment.
25319 I-45 North Suite
Spring, TX 77380